2014 was a slow year for me. I didn’t take as many pictures as the prior couple years, and I didn’t post a whole lot. What I did post, though, was well-read (for me), and clearly The Google has decided to shine on me, as I clearly rank high for a lot of searches related to old cameras.
Here are the top ten most popular posts from 2014, according to WordPress stats:
- A year with the Nikon FM2n, 3,480 views
- Photographers: Galleryoftoday.com may be stealing your photos, 2,673 views
- The Kodak No. 2 Folding Cartridge Hawkeye Model B 6×9, 2,418 views
- Olympus 35SP 35mm rangefinder photos and review, 2,166 views
- Konica Auto S2 rangefinder photos and review, 1,342 views
- Kodak Tourist II folding 6×9 620 camera, 1,261 views
- Antique Kodak Baby Brownie Special toy camera, 1,025 views
- Polaroid Automatic Land Camera 350 photos, 642 views
- Minolta SLR film cameras: SR-T 200 and XE-7, 631 views
- Agfa Ansco PB20 Viking vintage 6×9 folding camera, 577 views
Interesting takeaways: My most popular post was posted last year, though it’s two best single months of traffic were both this year. My all-time most-viewed post isn’t on this list at all, but my all-time second-most-viewed post is up there at No. 3. Nine of the 10 posts listed are about a specific camera or cameras, rather than an event, subject or something else.
Of the posts above, only three were actually posted in 2014 — Nos. 2, 4 and 9. Of the 13 posts (well, it’s 14 now) I made in 2014, the one I put the most effort into was Stop, thief! What to do when your photos are used without permission, which comes in around No. 15 this year. With about half as many views as that, last year’s Wide angle photography: Seeing the world at 20mm was another post I spent a lot of time on.
This leads me to believe I should be spending more time posting about individual cameras and showing off test shots, etc. Should I post about other accessories? Do my readers, whomever you are, even care about events and subjects?
Don’t go away, though. I have a ton of stuff waiting in the wings for 2015. Upcoming camera posts:
- The Kodak Brownie Hawkeye
- The UMS 2014
- My Yashica D TLR
- Canon A-series cameras
- The Hill-Top Motel
- The Voigtlander Bessa I
- The Nikon F2
- Shooting with a flash
- The FED-5c (quite a tale here)
- What’s in my bag
And that’s just what I have notes started for… See you next year!